The Traits of RDD are :
- In Memory : Data can be as big as it can be and can there be as long as it needs.
- Inmutable : Read only data, it can only be transformed into new RDD.
- Lazily Evaluated : Computed only when action are performed, until then RDD is just a definition without data.
- Typed : RDD data is typed like Int, String, etc.
- Parallel : Data processing is done in parallel on each node.
- Partitioned : Data in RDD is split into partition and distributed with the nodes in the cluster.
- Cached : Data can be in RAM or Disk.