Selenium-Grid allows you to run your tests on different machines against different browsers in parallel.
Key Features of Selenium Grid
- Distributing tests on several machines (parallel execution).
- Running multiple tests at the same time against different machines running different browsers and operating systems.
- Essentially, Selenium-Grid support distributed test execution. It allows for running your tests in a distributed test execution environment.
Selenium Grid Architecture
Selenium-Grid creates a network HTTP servers with two roles
Hub: The Hub is the central point that will receive all the test request and distribute them the right nodes.
Node: A node is a machine that you register with your hub. By registering with the hub, the hub now knows about the node and any configuration information you used when you registered the node.
Uses of Selenium Grid
- Using a Selenium grid allows you to save time by spreading your test across multiple machines.
- This means you can run your test in parallel, which reduces the amount of total time to run your full automation test suite.
- To run against multiple browser(s) versions by allowing the hub to automatically manage that for you.